Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Math with Personality

 Just as I'm feeling all impatient and frustrated because the baby has woken up demanding to be fed before I've finished getting through schoolwork with the older boys, I look over at my son's math work and see this:




That would be the number four wearing a cowboy hat and the number nine saying, "howdey."

Then there was this one:




Apparently the number 93,000 enjoys camping and fishing.

Perhaps it should be noted that this particular child is a gifted artist and would be perfectly content if he never saw another math problem ever again.  I appreciated the excuse to have a good laugh in the middle of our schoolwork.   My mood was MUCH improved.

Also, I think he needs harder math work.

~ Dori

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hehe! I remember doodling on my school work! That's what makes it fun! So funny to see what's going on in their heads!

Kerri said...

Oh goodness, I feel so much better about the state of my sons' worksheets now (full of doodles and artwork!). Those are particularly awesome though!