Friday, March 11, 2011

Fun Photo (and a video!) Friday!

How many days until spring?  


That's our front yard - right now.


That's the back yard - the level of snow on the patio table there gives a pretty good indication of how much has fallen since last night.  And it's still coming down...


Poor Bella is really losing hope.

Of course this snowstorm happened to fall on the day when we have our weekly gym/play group  which got canceled.  This means we will have to come up with some creative ways for the boys to get some energy out today!  


Yay WiiFit! (Thanks again for the Wii Uncle Chris!)


Michael is skiijumping, in case you wondered.

So, what's been happening around here this week? Well, Benjamin had his four month checkup and passed with flying colors.  


He's a happy, healthy little guy - the pediatrician was most impressed.  His next adventure will be starting on some solid food.  So it looks like I'll be breaking out the feeding seat and rice cereal soon!  I can't believe he's that old already.

We also had a trip to the dentist this week, as Thomas' overcrowded mouth needed some attention.  The words "Thomas" and "orthodontia" have been uttered in the same sentence more times than I care to think about.


Poor guy had two teeth pulled.  One was barely hanging on and ready to come out on its own, but the other one had the entire root still attached and the big tooth was already coming in behind it. It wasn't going without a fight. Thomas was an excellent patient - the entire dental office staff was highly complimentary of all the boys.  One lady was ready to take Benjamin home with her.  
 

Who wouldn't want to take that little bundle of cuteness home with them? 
But enough about the baby, even though I'm pretty sure it's the only reason most of you read this blog.  


Aside from getting dragged around to the various appointments of the week, the boys have been up to their usual things - like pining over all things Lego.


And, yes, the occasional gadget use.  They are doing educational things, though. Thomas is using a free Lego design software and Matthew is playing Math Bingo.  Or maybe Angry Birds.  Don't judge me.  Does it bother anyone else that his socks don't match?  He does that on purpose.


Michael and Thomas have also started working on their cars for the upcoming Pinewood Derby.  I basically throw the kits at Kevin, give him permission to spend money at the "man store" (Lowes) and tell him when the cars need to be finished by.  (Thank you honey!)


And, of course, we did schoolwork this week.  Benjamin is starting to get on board with the whole napping thing - mostly.  It can be challenging to fit everything into the day, but taking the time to truly enjoy the newest member of our family together is important, too. 

Are you ready for an extra special Fun Photo Friday bonus? Did you already scroll down to the end and watch the video, thus completely ruining the surprise? Then shame on you!  For the rest of you, here's a demonstration of Benjamin's recently acquired bubble blowing skills:

 

That does it for another Fun Friday - I hope you enjoyed your peak into our world.  I really enjoy your comments - they truly make my day! So thank you to those of you who have taken the time to make them.  You may also want to consider "following" this blog.  If for no other reason, then to make me feel good!  I added that "Networked Blogs" thing over there -->  (scroll up) so that you can follow me with your Facebook account instead of going through Blogger. Wasn't that nice of me? 

I hope you are all doing well and had a great week!

~ Dori

2 comments:

Ashley said...

What a fun post Dori! Thank you! Wow you guys have a great amount of snow!! It looks very cozy inside :)

Ashley

Elizabeth said...

Benjamin is really growing quickly...I hope we get to see him soon! Great video!

Poor Thomas. What a brave guy - sounds like he made it through the dental visit just fine. I should be getting Invisalign soon... he and I can commiserate together after orthodontist appointments. And you and I can do the same when the bills come (I don't think any deals are coming my way, unfortunately).

The socks. It makes me laugh. But if it were my own child, it would drive me nuts, too! :)