Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter


Happy Easter!


Yes we were actually at Mass early enough to get a seat up front.  Shocking, I know.  It was also the noon Mass - we wouldn't have stood a chance at such success in getting to the 10 o'clock.


I think baby Benjamin may have distracted some people from listening to the homily, but oh well.  Not because he was making noise, but because he was making cute baby faces at the people around us. 


A couple of days ago,  I overheard the big brothers telling their younger brother that, "Easter isn't about bunnies and eggs and stuff - it's about Jesus." My heart swelled with pride a little with that one.  


Not that we didn't include bunnies and eggs in our celebrating. First came the egg coloring, of course.
At 9:00 at night in their pj's.  







They've been periodically checking on their eggs in the fridge to see whether or not they've been turned into egg salad yet.  


Apparently at some time last night a large bunny also snuck into our house and left a present under each of the boys' beds.  It's always fun to wake up to the sounds of them sneaking around trying to find what the Easter Bunny may have left them. This year they each got a new Lego set and some candy.




It took them two hours to notice that they hadn't eaten any breakfast yet. 


Then they smelled these...


I pretty much dove face-first into that pan after I took the picture.  And after I gave the boys some, of course.

Benjamin got a new toy, too.


He seemed pretty excited about it.  The Easter Bunny brought him some "puffs" instead of candy.


Apparently he wants to marry them.


After Mass we went out for MEAT lunch/dinner.  Linner.  Or dunch.  Matthew clearly had a haircut somewhere in there, too. 

We haven't had any meat for the full 46 days of Lent.  None.  I dreamed about cheeseburgers last night.  We were salivating on the way to the restaurant at just the thought of finally consuming some beef (because why even bother with chicken at that point).  


And so we all stuffed our faces with meat in some form.



Michael was the only one who didn't eat meat, opting instead for some mac and cheese.  I'm not really sure whose child he is.


Again, I took the photo then dove face first into that plate.  Only this time I didn't share.  Actually, that's not true since I did let Benjamin try some of my sweet potato.  He seemed to think it was way better than rice cereal.  

No, I didn't get a picture of him, since I was trying to hold him in my lap and feed him tiny fork-fulls of sweet potatoes without stabbing him in the process. 


After we got back home, I made an attempt at getting a good picture of all the boys together.  Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a good picture of four small children? Especially inside on a cloudy, dreary day?





Seems to me there's one child in particular who kept sabotaging things.

Oh, well.  I'm definitely going to have to dress them back up and take them out on a sunny day somewhere and try again.  (Big thanks to Nana and Papa for the great sweaters, by the way!).

 So, it's been a full day and wonderful to spend time together as a family.  I hope you have had a happy Easter however you celebrate!


~ Dori


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Don't you just want to be a kid again? Wake up to Easter Bunny surprises, chocolate, playtime, and sweet rolls? Don't worry, Benjamin, those puffs will soon become chocolate bunnies! I have to say, though, parenting on holidays is pretty darn fun...watching the kids experience it all... Looks like the boys had a wonderful Easter and Mom and Dad got a long-awaited chunk-o-beef!