Friday, August 19, 2011

Summertime

Today's post is brought to you by Michael. 


My mommy is making me write the blog post today.  I'd rather be playing with my legos, but she says that this will count as schoolwork so I'm just going to get it over with.  I'd like to do a quick post here.

I had a fun summer.

The end.



Just kidding.

One of my favorite things we did this summer was visiting Nana and Papa's house.  I really liked playing with Uncle Chris' Space Legos. 


 I also liked playing with their dog, Greeley.


I spent some time this summer playing at my friend's house.  One of the things I like to do is play his Lego Wii games. We had fun swimming in his pool, too.


Recently, we had one of mommy's friends visit with her two girls.  We had fun playing together. The girls put a diaper on a priest doll and called him "The Diaper Priest."  Then they dressed him up in so many other outfits (Cabbage Patch Doll Dresses) that we couldn't see him anymore. 


We visited a playground and then had more fun at a splash park.


We had...
                    lots...
                                   and lots...
                                                        of fun!

I'm glad they came to visit us.

Another thing I liked about this summer was spending a week with Grandma and Grandpa while mommy, daddy and Benjamin went to California.  We watched some movies, played a few games of "Sorry" (I always beat Grandma), and went to our favorite restaurant for dinner.

A few weeks later, Thomas, Matthew and daddy went camping while I stayed home with mommy and Benjamin.  We played games and even had pizza on the couch while watching a documentary called "The Planets." I also enjoyed spending time reading without being interrupted.  I had fun with mommy and my brothers had fun camping, too.


Matthew ate a face onto an apple!

It's been a great summer but I'm looking forward to winter and playing in the snow. 

The end.


Was that quick or not?

~ Michael

Good job Michael! I know he'd love to hear your feedback, so please leave him a comment if you have time!










6 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Michael,
I enjoyed your blog post. You did a good job of giving a quick overview of your summer. Grandpa and I were glad to hear that one of your special memories from the summer included our time in Cleveland with you and Thomas and Matthew while Mommy and Daddy and Benjamin were in California. (I enjoyed that time, too, even when you guys kept sending me back to "start" when we played Sorry!). We will look forward to more blog posts from you.
Love, Grandma

divina said...

What a fun post to read!

Best wishes for the new school year!

I also like the new banner at the top of the blog ... cute.

Ashley said...

Great post Michael!! I enjoyed reading about your summer adventures. I too would love to read more posts from you, even though this is your Mommy's blog :). What is your favorite snow activity? I am looking forward to the snow as well, and have already been enjoying the cooler temperatures here in Duluth! Talk with you soon!

Ashley

Kevin said...

That's my boy! Good job Sweetness. You should start your own blog!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michael! I enjoyed reading your post. It sounds like you had lots of fun this summer. I saw a photo of your great Millenium Falcon Etch-A-Sketch. Did you erase it? You also have put together some amazing Lego creations. You are one talent guy! Keep up the good work and study! Sending love from your Great Aunt Lill & Uncle Tom.

P.S. I still like playing in the snow too - even at my age.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Michael! I enjoyed reading about your summer and seeing all of the pics of you and your brothers. The "diaper priest" mention gave me a chuckle! That was, indeed, a memorable time for Christine and Abby. They have been asking to go back to the splash park - have you had a chance to return? It's pretty cool that your school day consisted of blogging. I don't think that word was even in my vocabulary at the age of 9! :) Thanks for the great post to read and I can't wait until our next visit with you and your family!
-Elizabeth