Friday, August 12, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday ~ A Not-So-Quick Edition


I'm back! Did you miss me? It's been a busy couple of weeks, so I didn't get a chance to do much blogging.  Therefore, this may not be the quickest version of "Friday Quick Takes."

Don't say I didn't warn you.

~ 1 ~
The boys survived their camping trip a few weeks ago.


Thomas and Matthew went with their daddy out into the woods for a night while Michael, Benjamin and I enjoyed some time lazing around the house together.  Michael enjoyed watching a documentary on the planets without interruptions from little brothers who have shorter attention spans.  We also played some games and ate pizza.  On the couch!


Matthew enjoyed his very first camping trip (Thomas is a pro at this point) and claims to want to do it again sometime. He packed his own stuff - important things like Ol' Bear, Monkey, his favorite blanket and pillow, etc... 

I'm just glad they came back alive.  Of course they were also filthy. 

The wilderness will do that do you.
 
They also came across this on their way home.


It's my name on a cross on the side of the road.  It isn't disconcerting at all.


~ 2 ~
We made a quick trip to Indiana for a weekend. 

And what did the boys spend about 90% of their time doing at Nana and Papa's house?




I'm very glad that my brother still has his Space Legos! The boys were in heaven.  And there was no Lego withdrawal experienced even though we were away from home for a few days.


The boys had a great time and Nana and Papa got to finally meet Benjamin.


~ 3 ~
My very best friend came for a visit!


She brought two of her (three) precious girls with her and we all had a great time together.

There's an iPad in there somewhere
Yes, this is my favorite picture too
I have no idea why they are staring so intently at the tree. I just take pictures.

In an effort to get the kids' energy out we spent an afternoon exploring a new splash park in our area, which the kids LOVED.



It was so great to have my friend and her girls here, but it went by too quick!


~ 4 ~
Benjamin has taken to following the sunshine around.


I have no idea where he got the idea.



~ 5 ~ 
Benjamin was Baptized!


  We kept things very small and simple this time around. It was a very special day and Benjamin was unbelievably good.  He made it through Mass and then the Baptism (there were six babies!) and was happy and pleasant the entire time.  

And his brothers were very excited for him.

Okay "excited" may have been an overstatement...



~ 6 ~ 
I changed my blog header! 

The reasons for this are 1) I was growing tired of the old one and 2) I have spent a little too much time playing around with Picnik lately.

~ 7 ~
I'm exhausted. 

I'm hoping to find the energy to make some real plans for our new school year, though.  I also have a special project that I've been working on that's homeschooling-related and I hope to share it here soon.  

But first I'm going to take a nap.

Until somebody notices and decides they suddenly HAVE to show me what they just built out of Legos. 

Hope you're enjoying the fleeting days of summer!


~ Dori

No comments: