Saturday, October 22, 2011

Baby Ben's Birthday Bash

Yes, Benjamin is the only one of the boys' names that I don't mind being shortened. I'm okay with Ben. Especially Baby Ben. Which, at this rate, I won't be able to call him for much longer!

Somehow "Toddler Ben" doesn't have the same ring to it...

I don't know why he looks sad - he's a VERY happy guy. Except for the teething.

He turned one a week ago. SO hard to believe that it's been a year since he was born! As we all know, I could go on and on and on and on about how fast the time goes. But I'll spare you. 

This time.


Some of our family and friends joined us in a small celebration for the birthday boy last weekend.  I thought some of you might like to see pictures of the festivities. 












We had a great weekend of celebrating! And, no, he didn't eat the cake. Or smear it allover things or throw it or anything exciting like that. 


The candle on his cake was actually from Michael's (our oldest) first birthday cake. In some passing moment of lucidity, I remembered:

A. I still had that candle 
2. Its approximate location in our house full of stuff.

I think it made up for the fact that the cake I baked didn't turn out very well and we ended up with a rather plain store-bought one.  With all the WONDERFUL food my husband made and a dessert my friend brought (thank you, Stacey, for introducing me to "Death by Chocolate!"), I don't think anyone cared too much about the cake.  Other than the boys, who made it their purpose in life to finish it off.


Thanks to everyone who celebrated with us - even if it was just in spirit.

I'll share more about what else we've been up to next week. We had a busy week this week so when I looked up from what I was doing earlier today I noticed that the house was a disaster!

So I'm trying to at least temporarily regain control of it. 

Hope you're enjoying the weekend!

Michael took this picture! And aside from the fact that I have zero makeup on it's pretty good! But, let's face it,  nobody's looking at me, anyway. I hope. 


~ Dori

No comments: